April 2, 2011

Southern Africa — Animals

Here is the first instalment of my Southern Africa photo series. I have pored through my photos and found some deserving candidates. The first series focuses on the animals found in the national parks of Southern Africa from elephants to rhinos to giraffes. In 2008, my sister and I travelled to SOuth Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe to see sights, safari and absorb the magic of a vibrant continent.

There is nothing more confusing than waking up in the darkness of an African winter, crawling out of your tent, having a quick roiboos tea and then heading out in the jeep to scout for animals. As you wonder to yourself (while shivering) "What do they expect us to see this early in the morning" the soft hues of the sun peak through the bushes and begin to warm your toes and fingertips. Along the trail you see everything from elephants feeding to giraffes galloping across park. I don't want to ramble on much, I will provide more personal stories in the future posts. I will let the animals do the talking.















No comments:

Post a Comment