April 16, 2011

Daily Photo — Schedule Slow down

I posted this photo because tomorrow is the massive road race in Vancouver, the Sun Run. I will be participating along with thousands of other people. It promises to be a great time and although I will be treating it like any other run, I will be aiming for sub 0:43:00. I went for a 10k run along the Seawall from Yaletown to Kits beach and back today, it was gloriously sunny in Vancouver. One of those days where if you don't get outside, your nuts.

This road is near Cathedral Grove on Vancouver Island. As I was running back to the car I stopped in the middle of the road to snap a quick picture. Luckily there were no cars coming, but i still took it rather quickly just in case one came up quicker than preferred. It exemplifies just slowing down no matter how rushed you are to do something fun and adventurous.


Which brings me to something I wanted to talk about today. 

Sometimes we just need to slow down. No matter how busy we get, we all need to take some time to get outside and slow our lives down. You can always go back to being busy, later.

I am a victim of always having way too much prepping, marking and cleaning to do, but today but I chose to get outside and enjoy the sunshine. I will do work tonight and I will do a better job because I took time to get outside and soak up the rays. We are all busy and we often rush through the days without looking around. 

Recently I have decided to slow things down and enjoy Vancouver as much as I can. It means I have more time to relax but also when I work, I work hard. It is so worth it for that extra time to slow things down.


So I implore everyone to look take some time to put the schedule away and go outside and enjoy the sunshine. Because the next day it could be raining and then you will regret you didn't go for a walk, run, cycle or even a coffee in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment