April 20, 2011

Daily Photo — Speakers Corner

My sister and I travelled to South Africa in 2008 and on the way we stopped in London for a week. While in London, we took a trip to see Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park. There, we found a man speaking about the downfall of capitalist societies while communism rises up around the world. Instead of listening to him I took a picture.


Today was a very interesting day for me. I got to hear Justin Trudeau speak at the school I teach at. For anybody who does not know him, he is a politician in Canada and he is the son of Pierre Elliot Trudeau, the former Prime Minister of Canada. He spoke to a large group of students at the school about why they should get involved with politics. The youth of today should not be the leaders of tomorrow, they should be the leaders of today. The youth need to step up and become leaders in the local and global community.

If anybody has not been to London, go. It is an absolutely amazing city. It feels like 10 cities in one. You get to experience the richness of British History and soak in all the different cultures that reside in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment